Direct Democracy proposal for the Environment
Domestic Hemp cultivation
Should the People's Administration install direct democracy, we propose a policy to increase protection of the natural environment whilst revitalising the UK farming industry and strengthening the domestic economy through mass hemp cultivation.
The People's Administration's hemp cultivation policy calls for the synthetic production of hemp bio fuel, hemp paper pulp, hemp fibre, hemp food and hemp medicinal crops on all UK farms whilst calling for the encouragement of a domestic UK market for bio fuel compatible vehicles and paper consumers. Refining and distribution of bio fuel from hemp could be handled by the UK oil industry as it diversifies to include bio fuel.
Currently, the Home Office licence to grow hemp allows only hemp cultivation for fibre and, it does not allow for seed cultivation meaning that seeds have to be imported. This is an unnecessary import that increases production costs and compromises quality.
With the major vehicle manufacturers in Europe increasing production and export of bio fuel-compatible vehicles, there is now the potential to encourage a market for bio fuel compatible vehicles within the UK. Such a market could be stimulated by offering UK manufacturers and consumers a range of incentives and, by implementing a highly aggressive marketing strategy that promotes the cost benefits to the consumer, the health benefits to the consumer and, the benefits to the environment.
UK government hand-outs to recession-hit automotive manufacturers could have been given ONLY to manufacturers who could diversify and to go green. This opportunity was missed but can still be applied and also with aircraft engine manufacturers.
Hemp paper pulp and material produce would become an alternative to paper and fabric imports, meaning less deforestation and less expense. It is fast-growing with a harvest cycle of approximately 3 months and could be grown under licence up to the stage just before the active ingredient ‘THC' becomes present. Hemp has thousands of known medicinal uses and is one of the world's strongest natural fibres.
Hemp is used in many medicinal products with many cosmetic products already being imported and sold in the UK. Whilst THC [just one of the active ingredients in hemp] can be known to cause some potentially negative mental side effects in some people who smoke hemp, British government scientists have recently discovered properties of hemp that also contain a control for Psychosis and other mental illnesses as well as properties that can aid physiological healing of the body.
• Alzheimer's disease
• Lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
• Breast cancer
• Brain cancer
• Opioid dependence
• Spasticity in multiple sclerosis
Evidence of this is supported by the following institutions - all are campaigning for legal access for patients:
• The American Medical Association
• The American College of Physicians [America's second largest physicians group]
• Leukemia & Lymphoma Society [America's second largest cancer charity]
• American Academy of Family Physicians
• American Alliance for Medical Cannabis
• American Public Health Association
• American Psychiatric Association
• American Nurses Association
• British Medical Association
• AIDS Action
• American Academy of HIV Medicine
• Lymphoma Foundation of America
• Health Canada
During the late 1930's, Henry Ford built a range of automobiles [banned by the US government from going into mass-production] constructed from a hemp polymer and which ran on hemp oil and, hemp has been used for paper, food, medicine, clothing and rope for thousands of years.
In the early part of the previous century, the US government used the law to enforce all farmers to grow hemp and, it was considered to be so central to the US economy that farmers who refused to grow it were actually criminalised and imprisoned. Dupont bribed the US government so that it could flood markets with its synthetic products and not have to worry about competition from nature/God and the law was changed overnight. Farmers were suddenly locked-up for growing hemp and the US government launched a national anti-cannabis propaganda campaign. Growing hemp is still illegal today and in our opinion, only because of this reason. This propaganda is still with us today and is now standing in the way of the planet's survival.
If you think that growing, consuming or smoking hemp is illegal due to health and social reasons, then remember how many people die each day due to the consumption of legal substances and the costs to society, and how much money the government makes on revenues from the sale of these killer substances.
If one of nature's most powerful aids to individual and communal well-being is outlawed, are we saying that nature got it wrong? If we got it so right, then why is the world suffering so needlessly?
hemp Cultivation can end Global Deforestation:
• 80 per cent of the world's rainforests have already been either destroyed or degraded, and half of that has been in the last 30 years. Illegal and destructive logging, industrial-scale farming and climate change all threaten the remaining tracts of forest that have stood for thousands of years.
• The equivalent to 7 football fields per minute lost!
• Within a four-mile square area of Brazilian tropical forest there are over 750 species of trees, 625 species of mammals, birds and reptiles. Most of these species are found nowhere else in the world. Extinction is a natural process but rates are increased by human activity.
• Each year up to 50,000 species disappear along with potentially healing plant medicines [137 per day/6 per hour/1 per 10 mins]!
• From storing carbon to recycling water into the atmosphere, it's increasingly clear that ancient forests play a critical role in the regulation of the global climate while their destruction is a major contributor to climate change.
• Deforestation accounts for approx. 20% of all CO2 emissions - more than the entire global transport sector!
Voting for direct democracy outside a general election
It is up to us, the people [not the politicians] to use the power that we have always had, to choose to implement direct democracy as soon as possible.
This is not a protest campaign.
Following the People's Administration Direct Democracy Party [a mainstream registered party since March 2010] on Twitter, gives us your permission [when a majority] to invoke existing laws under UN Articles 21 and 61 [which the UK is signed-up to], so as to take immediate control of all policy decision-making by forming a legitimate UN-sanctioned direct democracy with majority election and without revolution, in the UK.
The People's Administration's constitution for reform to direct democracy and our voting protocols have both been accepted by the UK Electoral Commission and the UN as legitimate. In a general election, the People's Administration does not have to field candidates to secure your vote on the ballot paper. Outside a general election, you can vote for a legitimate reform to direct democracy now!